- 1 – 2 bunches of Soba/Gluten free soba (Regular Japanese Buckwheat noodles available at your local Korean/Japanese/Chinese grocery store)
- 3-4 tbsp Soba Tsuyu dipping sauce (available at your local Korean/Japanese/Chinese grocery store)
- 1 Green Onion/Scallion, diced
- 1/2 tspn Wasabi Paste
- 1.5 tbsp Daikon Radish, grated (optional)
- 1 Boiled egg, chilled (optional)
- Dried seaweed/Nori (in shreds) (optional)
- Mixing Bowl of cold water
Prepare the soba by following the cooking instructions at the back of the noodle package. After it is done cooking, add the soba to the bowl of cold water and swirl around to wash off the extra starch and stop any further cooking. Transfer the soba to a colander and allow it to drain in the fridge for 5 minutes (with a drip pan of some sort underneath). Noodles can also be made the night before, drained and stored in an airtight container.
In the meanwhile, grate the daikon radish, dice the green onion and pour the soba tsyuyu into a dipping bowl. To mix the dipping sauce, add some scallion, grated daikon radish, tiny bit of wasabi to the soba sauce. Stir and taste, add more of what you want.
Serve the soba with dried seaweed sprinkled on top and the chilled egg sliced in half on the side. To eat, dip the soba into the sauce as you eat. Alternatively, you can mix your sauce into the soba noodles.